Compare and Learn
Compare and Learn is a universal assessment tool, allowing you and and your students to formatively assess work within the lesson:
Create multiple opportunities for students to engage deeply with any task
Generate instant feedback for teachers and pupils
Complete the process within 15 minutes
10 ways teachers are using Compare and Learn :
Within a lesson after introducing a new idea, explanation or skill:
- Comparing diagrams
- Comparing explanations
- Comparing art-work
- Comparing strategies for problem solving
Within a course to help support and refine learning in the longer-term:
- Revision ‘knowledge dumps’
- Tackling tricky exam questions – which response is best?
Before teaching something new:
- Before you start a topic – what do you know?
- Before you start a question – compare similar questions
- With teachers as a form of moderation and/or training.
- Run the same task with classes from other schools